Jealousy is a negative but powerful emotion, and what better way is there to acknowledge this emotion than some crisply composed jealousy quotes?
Jealousy might be a dish served hot or cold, depending upon the situation, but our jealousy quotes are so intricate that these are bound to create the perfect impact no matter what. Being jealous is not a great state of mind, but refusing to see the jealousy in others is being too naïve.
The entire range of negative emotions includes jealousy, and we aren’t shying away from giving you the best possible quotes on jealousy simply because it is a negative emotion. After all, we are human beings, not saints. So, we are not immune to negative thoughts or emotions.
Our jealousy quotes are a healthy way of expressing the emotion of jealousy. Often, when thoughts are put into words and read aloud, the negative impact diminishes considerably. Browse our jealousy quotes. We are sure you will find one to forward to people tripping with jealousy.
How Jealousy Quotes Can Help Us?
- Self-Reflection: Jealousy quotes can inspire self-reflection and introspection. They help us to better understand our feelings and why we may be experiencing jealousy, thereby allowing us to identify any underlying issues that might be contributing to these feelings.
- Provide Perspective: Quotes about jealousy can provide us with new perspectives and ways of looking at our situation. They can help us see that jealousy is often more about our insecurities and fears than it is about the other person.
- Inspire Positive Change: Many jealousy quotes encourage personal growth and positive change. They inspire us to rise above feelings of jealousy, promoting personal growth, strength, and the cultivation of positive relationships.
- Enhance Communication: Sometimes, it’s hard to articulate how we’re feeling. Jealousy quotes can provide the words we need to express our feelings, either to ourselves in our own private reflections or to others when trying to communicate our experiences.
- Mindfulness and Contemplation: Lastly, jealousy quotes can act as a springboard for further contemplation and mindfulness. They can help us remain present with our emotions and explore them fully, rather than trying to avoid or suppress them.
Famous 20 Jealousy Quotes
1. “Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.” – Fulton J. Sheen
2. “Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy condition. The immature mind often mistakes one for the other, or assumes that the greater the love, the greater the jealousy.” – Robert A. Heinlein
3. “Jealousy, that dragon which slays love under the pretense of keeping it alive.” – Havelock Ellis
4. “Jealousy is all the fun you think they had.” – Erica Jong
5. “Jealousy is a monster that lives within the mind and that is often uncontrolled.” – Christine Feehan
6. “Anger, resentment and jealousy doesn’t change the heart of others– it only changes yours.” – Shannon L. Alder
7. “Jealousy is not a barometer by which the depth of love can be read, it merely records the degree of the lover’s insecurity.” – Margaret Mead
8. “Jealousy is the jaundice of the soul.” – John Dryden
9. “Jealousy is never satisfied with anything short of an omniscience that would detect the subtlest fold of the heart.” – George Eliot
10. “A competent and self-confident person is incapable of jealousy in anything. Jealousy is invariably a symptom of neurotic insecurity.” – Robert A. Heinlein11. “Jealousy is a wasted emotion.” – Drake
12. “In jealousy there is more self-love than love.” – François de la Rochefoucauld
13. “Jealousy injures us with the dagger of self-doubt.” – Terri Guillemets
14. “Jealousy is the fear of comparison.” – Max Frisch
15. “Jealousy is nothing more than a fear of abandonment.” – Unknown
16. “Jealousy is the art of counting someone else’s blessings instead of your own.” – Unknown
17. “Jealousy is the tie that binds, and binds, and binds.” – Helen Rowland
18. “Jealousy is a dog’s bark which attracts thieves.” – Karl Kraus
19. “Jealousy is not a sign of love, it’s the insecurity that love is leaving.” – Jarod Kintz
20. “Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.” – Paul Eldridge
Dealing With Jealousy Quotes
1. “People only rain on your parade because they’re jealous of your sun and tired of their shade.” – Unknown
2. “Jealousy, that most venomous of vipers, coils up and strikes at your chest. It’s a terrible, horrible, debilitating disease that makes you bite your lips and gnash your teeth. It feels like a slow-growing cancer, eating you away from within.” – Jodi Picoult
3. “Insecurity is the cause of jealousy. If you are secure within yourself, you will never be jealous of what somebody else has. You will never try to take what you haven’t earned. But when you’re insecure, you can’t stand the success of others.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki
4. “It is not love that is blind, but jealousy.” – Lawrence Durrell, “Justine”
5. “Jealousy lives upon doubts. It becomes madness or ceases entirely as soon as we pass from doubt to certainty.” – François de la Rochefoucauld
6. “A jealous woman does better research than the FBI.” – Unknown
7. “Jealousy scans for evidence to prove the point – that others will be preferred and rewarded more than you. There is only one alternative – self-value. If you cannot love yourself, you will not believe that you are loved.” – T.S. Eliot
8. “Jealousy isn’t a pleasant quality, but if it isn’t overdone (and if it’s combined with modesty), apart from its inconvenience there’s even something touching about it.” – Milan Kundera
9. “Jealousy is simply and clearly the fear that you do not have value. Jealousy scans for evidence to prove the point – that others will be preferred and rewarded more than you. There is only one alternative – self-value.” – Jennifer James
10. “To cure jealousy is to see it for what it is, a dissatisfaction with self, an impossible claim that one should be at once Rose Bowl princess, medieval scholar, Saint Joan, Milly Theale, Temple Drake, Eleanor of Aquitaine, one’s sister, one’s mother, one’s best friend, one’s niece.” – Joan Didion
11. “Passion can quickly slip to jealousy, or even hatred.” – Arthur Golden, “Memoirs of a Geisha”
12. “The lovesick, the betrayed, and the jealous all smell alike.” – Colette
13. “Jealousy is a dance in which everyone moves. It can be a dance of death.” – Marion Zimmer Bradley
14. “Envy is for people who don’t have the self-esteem to be jealous.” – Bauvard, “Some Inspiration for the Overenthusiastic”
15. “Never waste jealousy on a real man: it is the imaginary man that supplants us all in the long run.” – George Bernard Shaw
16. “Jealousy can lead a person into loneliness and into trouble. It is like a boomerang – you think you’re throwing it at others, but it comes back and hits you.” – Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
17. “You can only be jealous of someone who has something you think you ought to have yourself.” – Margaret Atwood
18. “The venom clamors of a jealous woman poison more deadly than a mad dog’s tooth.” – William Shakespeare, “Othello”
19. “The surest cure for vanity is loneliness.” – Tom Wolfe
20. “Jealousy would destroy us like the flame of a lamp consumes the draperies that foolishly brush against it, or like the fire of a gunpowder factory causing a catastrophic explosion that nothing can stop.” – Gabriel García Márquez, “Love in the Time of Cholera”
Inspirational Quotes On Jealousy
1. “Jealousy is both reasonable and belongs to reasonable men, while envy is base and belongs to the base, for the one makes himself get good things by jealousy, while the other does not allow his neighbour to have them through envy.” – Aristotle
2. “Jealousy is a mental cancer.” – B.C. Forbes
3. “Jealousy is no more than feeling alone against smiling enemies.” – Elizabeth Bowen
4. “The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves.” – William Penn
5. “O, beware, my lord, of jealousy; It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on.” – William Shakespeare, “Othello”
6. “Jealousy is like a hot pepper. Use it mildly, and you add spice to the relationship. Use too much of it and it can burn.” – Ayala Malakh-Pines
7. “Jealousy in romance is like salt in food. A little can enhance the savor, but too much can spoil the pleasure and, under certain circumstances, can be life-threatening.” – Maya Angelou
8. “Comparison is a thorn in the side of self-contentment; the more you compare your life with others, the more jealousy and envy can poison your peace of mind.” – Dr. TP Chia
9. “It is in the character of very few men to honor without envy a friend who has prospered.” – Aeschylus
10. “Envy is the art of counting the other fellow’s blessings instead of your own.” – Harold Coffin