Music is among the most amazing and creative things that keep people lively and energetic. It is not only the source of finding peace but, also tends to work in situations where a person is unable to express his/her feelings.
Music quotes are basically life changing statements where a person gets to know about different feelings and conditions when he/she has to act rationally.
Have you ever come across a quote that perfectly captures your love for music? Or perhaps a quote that speaks to the very core of your being?
Music quotes have a way of summarizing the beauty and power of music in just a few words. From legendary musicians to famous philosophers, music has inspired some of the most iconic quotes of all time.
Music is not just about lyrics and beats but, it is based on feelings, emotions and thoughts that are related to real life experiences and make a person feel that there is nothing like impossible in this world.
Sometimes, music quotes are related to love, relationships and association while sometimes, they highlight the realities of life and strengthen people to stand up and struggle for their betterment.
In this article, we’ve curated a list of the most inspiring and thought-provoking music quotes. From Beethoven to Beyonce, we’ve compiled a diverse range of quotes that highlight the magic of music.
Music Quotes About Life
Music can be a great source of inspiration, especially when it comes to life in general. We all need an uplifting pick-me-up now and then, and what better way to do so than with some of the best quotes from famous musicians around the world?
Here we bring 22 of the best music quotes about life that will surely move you in some way or another.
1.“Music is the language of the heart – let the rhythm move you, feel the power surge through your veins, and if you close your eyes, I swear you’ll find yourself in another place in time.”
This quote speaks powerfully to the transformative beauty of music. It encourages us to immerse ourselves completely into an emotive listening experience and take a journey away from our troubles and into a soundscape filled with irresistible intensity.
2.“Life is too short not to smile and dance to the music in our heads every single day”
The beauty if this quote lies in its simplicity – that even though life has its hardships, why not smile and appreciate what we have?
This reminder should encourage us all to make sure that even when times are tough, we reenergize ourselves with appreciation for this moment now.
3. “There are no rules in life – get lost in the melodies and create harmony.”
This quote is great for those of us who want to live outside the confines of norms – encouraging us all to trust our hearts and instincts as we spread music throughout our lives!
As it suggests, by playing according to your own beat rather than somebody else’s carefully structured melody will bring more depth and personality into your day-to-day living.
4. “Dance until you forget there was ever anything else but this – music carries you home like nothing else can.”
What better way could there be to describe how comforting words put together with beautiful instrumental accompaniment can function as a guide back towards home?
Music has been used worldwide as one universal language capable of forging powerful connections between people across different cultures — this powerful message reminds us just how important it is for us all!
5. “Life is too short not to sing along when every song holds something special within its lyrics…so take heed; never leave lightheartedness behind”
We believe this quote embodies both the importance lightheartedness has on living full lives as well its direct reminder that no matter what genre, we enjoy listening to.
We hope these long quotes about life give you clarity & perspective on whichever part of yours needs fuller exploration!
6. “Life is too short to stay mad at somebody for too long – Kanye West.
7. “Music can change the world because it can change people.” – Bono
8. “Just live your life, no matter what people say” – Nicki Minaj.
9. “You gotta take the good with the bad, smile with the sad” – Lady Gaga.
10. “Without music, life would be a mistake.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
11. “Anything negative – pressure, challenges – is all an opportunity for me to rise” – Jay Z
12. “Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy.” – Ludwig van Beethoven
13. “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade” – Beyoncé Knowles-Carter
14. “Life is what we make it; always has been; always will be” – Grandpa Jones
15. “We ain’t meant to survive, cause it’s a cruel world, but I must persevere” – Tupac Shakur
16.”If it’s gonna work out, it’s gonna work out like it should” – John Mayer
17.”The good times of today are the sad thoughts of tomorrow” – Bob Marley
18.”Love really means making no sense at all” – Adele
19.”Live every moment as if its your last one alive” – Avicii
20.”When everything’s not made of gold and all that glitters isn’t gold…you start seeing things how they really are”- Taylor Swift
21.”Don’t let them tell you that your dreams are just too high” – Alicia Keys
22.”There’ll come a time when life will beat you down / Don’t submit don’t NurseoCloutfom bail / No matter how hard it gets I won’t Kneel down” – Eminem
Inspirational Quotes About Music
Music can be an incredibly powerful and moving force. It has the unique ability to uplift our spirits, open our hearts and help us find emotional freedom in its harmonies.
Here are 10 inspirational quotes about music from some of the world’s greatest composers, songwriters and lyricists that will remind you of the beauty of sound:
1. “Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” – Plato
2. “Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.” – Sergei Rachmaninoff
3. “I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we’re from, everyone loves music.” – Billy Joel
4. “Where words fail, music speaks.” – Hans Christian Andersen
5. “Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.- Berthold Auerbach
6. “Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent” – Victor Hugo
7. “If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music.” – Albert Einstein
8.”Without music life would be a mistake” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
9.”To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself” ― Thomas Jefferson
10. “Music generates emotion and emotion creates movement which determines your life’s course more than any other creation known to man.” – Toni Braxton
Music Quotes About Love
Love and music—two of the greatest forces in life. Music can soothe even the most tormented soul, while love can give us purpose and comfort during even our darkest hours. To celebrate these intertwined entities, here are 10 musical quotes about love:
1. “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.” – The Moulin Rouge soundtrack
2.”In music, as in love, there is a certain grace that can only be found in the imperfections.” – Amos Lee
3. “Someone to share each morning with – someone to call you sweetheart. These things I too must have today, for who can live without them? Love’s the only thing that I long for – it holds that missing half.” – Cinderella from Into the Woods
4.”Love is like a melody, sweet and pure, that echoes through the soul and never grows old.” – Anonymous
5. “All of me loves all of you – love your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections. Give your all to me, I’ll give my all to you. You’re my end and my beginning – even when I lose I’m winning!” -John Legend, “All Of Me”
6. “There may be trouble ahead but while there’s moonlight and music and love and romance let’s face the music and dance.” -Irving Berlin, “Let’s Face the Music and Dance”
7.”Love is the bridge that connects us to the music of the universe, and the harmony that resonates within our hearts.” – Anonymous
8. “You don’t need diamond rings or eighteen karat gold; Fancy cars won’t make a bit of difference to her soul; No she don’t need a thing but some tender loving from you! All she needs is something true”.– Little Big Town, “Pontoon”
9. “Oh her eyes were dreams come true that used to whisper…. Madly in love with each other…just like we are…my angel is an old soul…who breathed life back into me.”– Justin Timberlake, “My Angel”
`10. “A heart that’s filled up like a landfill – a job that slowly kills you – bruises that won’t heal – You look so tired unhappy bring down both your arms So tired and uneasy with yourself again.”- U2, “One”
11. “Love is the music of the heart, and the song that it sings is both beautiful and eternal.” – Rumi
12. “How lovely it is here on earth together as one we should take this chance now For better or worse we will remain forever”.– Aerosmith , “I Don”t Want To Miss A Thing”
13.”Love is the key that unlocks the melody of life, and makes every note we play a symphony of joy.” – Anonymous
14. “Can’t help falling in love….Wise men say only fools rush in but I can’t help falling in love with you…”– Elvis Presley,”Can’t Help Falling In Love”
15. “You know how special our little miracle is for two hearts beat as one.”– The Eagles ,”Tequila Sunrise”
Music Quotes By Musicians
Music can soothe the soul and express emotions that words often cannot. From the earliest forms of music, through the modern world of today, some of the most beautiful lyrics can be found in songs, sung by those with pure heart and grace.
So, let’s take a look at some inspiring quotes from famous musicians to get our music brains going:
1. “Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something.” – Frank Zappa
2. “A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence.” – Leopold Stokowski
3. “The joy of recording is when it’s right—when it really works for you and you feel like you did something good.” – Paul McCartney
4. “Music is enough for a lifetime but a lifetime is not enough for music” – Sergei Rachmaninoff
5 . “My biggest dream is that my music will take people away from difficulties — no matter how brief or long it takes them away — even if its just two or three minutes out of their day.” – Janis Joplin
6 . “Music does bring people together-it allows us to experience the same emotion collectively.” — Kankakee Symphony Orchestra conductor Yong Yan
7. “Life seems to go on without effort when I am filled with music” – George Eliot
8.”To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.” – Ludwig van Beethoven
9. “Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears form the eyes of woman” – Ludwig van Beethoven
10. “If you want to make beautiful music, you must play the black and white notes together” – Richard M. Nixon
Famous Music Quotes By Non-Musician People
We may be living in a world of digital streaming, but there’s still plenty of room for some classic music quotes by people who aren’t musicians.
Here are 9 famous music quotes that you can use to inspire your own creativity:
1.”Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life, bringing peace, abolishing strife.” – Kahlil Gibran
The Lebanese-American poet and writer Kahlil Gibran believed that music has the power to connect us to the spiritual realm and bring peace to our lives.
2. “Music is the shorthand of emotion.” – Leo Tolstoy
The Russian author Tolstoy understood that music has a way of expressing complex emotions in a way that words cannot.
3. “Music is the divine way to tell beautiful, poetic things to the heart.” – Pablo Casals
The Spanish cellist and conductor Pablo Casals believed that music has a spiritual quality that touches the soul and speaks to the heart.
4. “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” – Robert Fripp
The English musician Robert Fripp recognized that music has the power to fill the voids of silence and enrich our lives.
5. “Music is the universal language of mankind.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
The American poet Longfellow recognized that music is a language that transcends cultural and linguistic boundaries and brings people together.
6. “Music is the art which is most nigh to tears and memories.” – Oscar Wilde
The Irish author Wilde understood that music has a way of tapping into our emotions and bringing up memories and feelings that we thought were long forgotten.
7. “One good thing about music is when it hits you feel no pain” – Bob Marley
8. “Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of woman.” – Ludwig van Beethoven
9. “Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent.”– Victor Hugo
Music Quotes for Kids
Do you want to inspire your kids with positive and insightful music quotes?
Here is a list of 13 inspiring music quotes for kids that will help them maintain enthusiasm.
1. “Music has charms to soothe the savage beast.” – William Congreve
2. “You are the music while the music lasts.” – T S Eliot
3. “Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can’t.”– Johnny Depp
4″It requires wisdom to understand wisdom; The music is nothing if the audience is deaf.”─Walter Lippmann
5.”Your intuition knows what to write — just get out of the way”.-John Lennon
6.“If children are not introduced to music at an early age, I believe something fundamental is actually being taken from them.”- Pavarotti
7.”Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” – Keith Richards
8. “Good music doesn’t have an expiration date” – Alicia Keys
This quote is great for teaching kids how timeless good music is and why it’s important to invest time in learning about various artists and genres when you listen to different types of music.
9. “Life is art, and art is life” – Lady Gaga
Children should embrace their uniqueness and embrace the opportunity to express themselves through art, whether that’s drawing, dancing, or playing an instrument. This quote gets across the powerful message that art can transform lives for the better and should be celebrated!
9. “It takes courage not to be scared of making mistakes” – Usher
When learning an instrument like piano or guitar, sometimes mistakes will happen – but they can be seen as learning opportunities too! Showing children that everyone makes mistakes but still has courage is invaluable in building confidence in young people.
10. “Music often intuitively expresses what words sometimes fail to bring into light” – Tori Amos
Not all emotion can be expressed adequately by language alone– some feelings require musical expression if they are going to be communicated effectively at all!
Helping children understand this could really unlock a creative freedom within them when creating musical pieces of their own!
11.”Whatever it is you want to do, however impossible it may seem right now — go for it” -Ellie Goulding
This uplifting quote should remind us all (kids especially) that anything is possible with perseverance and hard work!
It also conveys the message that in order to achieve our dreams we have to comply with challenges as we go along – rather than giving up when things get difficult .
12.”The electric guitar opened up doors for me I did not know existed” – Slash
This quote focuses attention on the importance instruments have in expressing ourselves musically;
it shows how important having access to instruments (in whatever form) is for future generations who want a fulfilling relationship with music as adults too!
13.”Hip-hop isn’t just music; it’s a cultural movement” – Roxanne Shante`
Short Music Quotes
Short quotes from famous poets, composers, lyricists, and songwriters are particularly inspiring in that they can provide real wisdom in just a few words. If you’re looking for some motivation through poetic musings, then this article is here to help!
Here are some of the most profound short music quotes that will brighten your day!
1.”Music is the soundtrack of your life.” – Dick Clark
2.”Music is the poetry of the air.” – Jean Paul Richter
3.”Music is the one incorporeal entrance into the higher world of knowledge which comprehends mankind but which mankind cannot comprehend.” – Ludwig van Beethoven
4.”Music is the great uniter. An incredible force.” – Billy Joel
5.”Music is the medicine of the mind.” – John A. Logan
6.“The only thing better than singing is more singing”— Ella Fitzgerald
7.”Music is the strongest form of magic.” – Marilyn Manson
8.”Every now and then I would stumble into something musically that sounded really unique” -Brian Eno
9.”Music can change moods” – Lady Gaga